Deadline: 11:59PM Pacific Time Aug 10 2016
The U.S. National Science Foundation has agreed to provide financial support for doctoral students to attend ICHI 2016. Eligible expenses include registration, transportation, lodging, or food, and will be reimbursed after the conference. To be considered for the support, one must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a full-time doctoral student at a U.S. institution by the time of the conference.
- Be willing to serve as a volunteer at ICHI 2016 (5-6 hours of service each volunteer).
- Has no other source of financial support to attend ICHI 2016.
- Will register to attend ICHI 2016.
We highly encourage applications from under-represented minority groups. Priorities will be given to applicants who are from minority groups, will be a participant of the ICHI Doctoral Consortium, or will present an accepted paper (or poster) at ICHI 2016. The exact amount of support will be decided at a later time.
To apply for the support, please email the following documents to Dr. Kang Zhao (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject “ICHI 2016 Travel Support”.
- An application letter stating that the applicant meets all the criteria listed above. Those from minority groups need to explain why they belong to such under-represented groups. Authors of accepted papers/posters should also include the paper ID.
- A signed letter from the applicant’s advisor to confirm that the applicant is a full-time doctoral student and has no other source of financial support.
If you have any question, please contact email@example.com.